- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
- 1 pack puff pastry
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- Juice of one lemon
- Preheat an oven to 175 degrees C. Prepare a medium sized oven proof baking dish lined with butter.
- Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
- Line the dish with one piece of puff pastry. . Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of puff pastry. Stir together 3/4 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Dot the mixture over the top of the cheesecake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the puff pastry has puffed and turned golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey and lemon. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (and some for coating ramekins)
- 350gm good quality dark chocolate
- ½ tsp Szechuan pepper
- 9 eggs separated
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Butter the ramekins with butter and dust with sugar and place in fridge until needed
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler until completely blended
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until peaks start to form.
- In a bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar until they start to pale in colour. Add the mixture to the chocolate
- Slowly whisk in the egg whites
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes on lower rack of the oven
- Dust with some icing sugar and serve immediately.