- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 5 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 – 2tsp chilli paste
- ½ cup hard feta (can be flavoured. Like with herbs)
- 2Tbsp (heaped) fresh Origanum chopped finely
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic (mashed)
- 1 Spanish sausage chopped
- 8 Strips of back bacon… also chopped
- Dollop of butter
- 2Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Melt the butter along with the olive oil in a medium sized pot, over medium heat.
- Add half the chopped meat, and fry until crispy. Remove with a perforated spoon, and drain on a paper towel. Do not remove the fats from the pot!
- Add the chopped onion, and garlic. Fry until the onions become transluscent. Add the remaining meat, dry for a few minutes longer.
- Meanwhile place half the corn in a blender with two cups of the stock, and blend until smooth. Add to the pot along with the tomato sauce, and rest of the stock, remaining corn, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the soup starts to thicken a bit.
- Lastly add the chilli, oreganum, and feta. Simmer for five minutes longer, and taste. Add salt and pepper if needed, for sometimes stock can be quite salty.
- Before serving sprinkle soup with some of the crispy bacon and sausage.
- 4 pork chops
- 2 Capsicums (cut into strips)
- 1 Green pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Red onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Bunch of fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Heat a generous helping of olive oil in a pan, and ensure it’s hot. Season pork chops with salt & pepper. Place in pan. As you place the chops in the pan it should sizzle. If it doesn’t, it means your oil is not hot enough.
- Role the thyme sprigs between your hands to ensure the flavour gets released. Place in pan along with roughly chopped garlic. Fry for +- 3 minutes on both sides. Remove from pan and allow to rest.
- Remove thyme from pan, reduce heat to medium, and add the strips of pepper, and chopped onion. Allow the onion to become slightly translucent. Add sugar.
- After 3 minutes add red wine vinegar, and allow to cook until the peppers become tender but not soggy.
- Remove from heat. Divide equally on plates, and place rested pork chops on top.
- 1 Onion diced
- ½ Green Pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ can of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup red wine
- 3 strips of bacon
- 2 Tablespoons of whipping cream
- 10 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup finely grated pecorino cheese
- 250grm (1/2 a pack) lean mince
- 1/3 pack of pasta (of 500gr pasta pack)
- 1,5L of water
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning.
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons tomato paste
- 10 Kalamata olives (take the pits out)
- Bring water with a bit of salt and oil to boil. Once it starts to boil, add the pasta. The pasta should cook 8-10 minutes. Check the pasta by taking one piece out. The pasta should still be a little firm, so ensure it is not overcooked. When it is cooked, drain the water, and leave it to rest. Do not rinse pasta with water!
- Heat some olive oil in a separate pot, and add the diced onion with the garlic.
- Cut the bacon in to thin strips and add to the pot. Fry on medium heat until the onion is cooked (not brown).
- Add the mince and lightly break it into smaller pieces, and let it cook for a while.
- Cut the pepper into strips, and then small cubes.
- Add the tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir through.
- Add the chopped basil, cream, ½ the cheese, and wine. Add pepper and salt
- Add the chopped green pepper, and olives last, and leave to cook, until the sauce becomes thick. Once the sauce becomes thick, add the pasta and stir through.
Serve the remaining separate in a bowl on the table.
Remember to taste your food!